The Act of Giving is Greater than Any Gift 29th May, 2015
- Are you one of those people who thinks outside the box?
- Do you often wish for world peace?
- Do you believe that giving opens the way for receiving?
- Have you ever found yourself wishing you could make a difference in the world?
- Do you ever wish you could do something to inspire others?
- Do you feel more satisfaction in giving than in receiving?
- Does the fact that people out there are starving every day, and not just during Ramadan, affect you and make you feel helpless?
If you have answered yes to most of the above questions, then fear not; you are NOT helpless! You can make a difference, and together WE can make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get fundraising!
What’s more is that you can make a difference while doing something you have always wanted to, or something you actively enjoy… so now might be the time to brave that skydive, huh?
Set a date, set a goal, get people to sponsor your idea and plan accordingly. You could even involve friends too. Spread the word and get fundraising. Better yet, post your idea on Islamic Help’s website and go viral!
For all of your friends and family who are fasting, you could get together and donate what you would have spent on lunch towards one of our campaigns. In turn, you could be buying someone else lunch, someone less fortunate and privileged than ourselves; imagine the reward for that!
For tips on effective fundraising, check out our successful fundraising tips page and find out how you can put your plan into action.
So… now you must be thinking “Oh my God! So much to do, so little time!” – right?
That’s right, this blessed month only comes once a year and who knows if we will be here to reap the rewards next year?
Take time and make the effort to help others this Ramadan 2015 – volunteer in your community, or even further afield with Islamic Help!