In today’s world, we place so much importance on education and all matters of study, with students all over spending thousands in order to learn something valuable and intelligent, so they can graduate and get a degree.
We prepare our children day and night for their daily routine of school, home, religious studies and homework.
We try to inspire them to be the best they can be, so they can make a difference and go on to help change the world.
The importance of education is a matter that seems to be stumbled upon daily, and rightly so. islamichelp.org.uk has come up with some vital reasons for the importance of education in today’s world:
- Acquirement of basic knowledge and logic. Everything seems to make more sense with education when even the basic questions you have in the mind are answered.
- Being able to have your own opinion is important. Those with no education may constantly feel like they are dependent on everyone else and do not have enough knowledge to be able to speak up for themselves.
- Encouraging economic growth for tomorrow’s world. The children of today are our future and will attempt to create a stronger world for their tomorrow, in which they can raise their own children. As such, being able to share knowledge and education is important.
- Raising awareness in matters. If a person knows how to count, they will know if they have been ripped off. If they don’t, they will get taken advantage of and never know how to look out for themselves.
- Encouraging increased basic knowledge on health, and being able to identify any changes and problems in health.
- Boosting confidence, self-belief and assurance.
- Promoting self-sufficiency and independence amongst communities, and providing them with the confidence to fight poverty.
It’s amazing how big an impact education has on the world and its people, right?
So many of you played your part on International Literacy Day this year (8th September), and helped Islamic Help in creating a learning foundation for those who are really in need of it.
There is a wealth of information in this world for us all to learn, and everyone has a right to it. Help someone today with our sustainable livelihood project and play a part in educating the children of tomorrow.
Islamic Help… Understanding the need for education in today’s tomorrow.