Fundraising from the Comfort of Your Home 25th January, 2018
The majority of us would love to do our bit to help people in need and although many do, there are some people who simply don’t have the time. Of course, there are fundraising events that you can attend, but for those who lead more hectic lives, it can be easy to feel selfish.
Luckily, there is a solution! Did you know that you can raise money for charity from the comfort of your sofa, or even have your own fundraising event at home?
You don’t need to leave the house, you can do it in as little or as much time as you have, and it is no problem if it takes time to raise the money you want to donate. Here are some of our favourite ideas for raising money at home.
- Give something up – Whilst it’s often difficult to give up something you love, doing it for a good cause may be the perfect way to get motivated. Giving up a favourite pastime - such as watching TV or online shopping - or even giving up your favourite chocolate could be a great way to raise money
- Knitting or sewing – For many, it’s our hobbies that keep us sane and busy in our spare time and whilst it benefits us, it could also benefit others. Create something for charities or get sponsored for the knitting and sewing that you do. This could also apply to baking, too!
- Read-a-thon - Like knitting and sewing, reading can be a great hobby, but why not raise some money by taking part in a read-a-thon? You can do it from the comfort of your home and it will also give you the opportunity to catch up on a few good books - if they are religious books, this is also a great way to increase your knowledge, too!
- X-Box tournament – For the gaming fanatic, this is a great option. The chance to help those who need it whilst doing something you love; what better way to spend the evening? You can also apply this to sports tournaments - something that you can do regularly with friends in order to continuously raise money for charity
- Sell unwanted items online – Perfect after the holiday period, having a clear out and selling unwanted gifts and other items could give you the opportunity to donate. After all, it's far better to give a gift than to receive one
Hold Group Fundraising Events
Each of these ideas can be completed from the comfort of your own home, but that doesn’t always mean that you have to stay at home. Why not encourage your friends to take part or invite a few people over to join in with some activities? Whatever it is, make it something you’ll enjoy, and remember why you’re doing it.
Consider donating to Islamic Help today - it's the perfect time to do your part.