Position: HR Officer: Birmingham
Salary: £24,000-£25,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time. 40 Hours per week (Monday to Friday), however flexibility is required.
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihood and environment conservation.
The postholder will be based at our headquarters office in Birmingham and will provide a comprehensive HR support service to Islamic Help.
1. To ensure that personal files of relevant personnel are kept up to date and stored confidentially e.g. attendance, holidays etc.
2. To provide support and advice in employee relations issue (e.g. disciplinary issues, grievances etc.).
3. To ensure that all grievances, dismissal procedures etc. are dealt with sensitively and that all procedures applied are in line with the law. To provide assistance to managers when dealing with such cases.
4. To ensure that recruitment procedures are in place and strictly implemented in line with Islamic Help’s Equal Opportunities Policy, as well as providing assistance to managers of other departments during recruitment procedures.
5. To ensure that induction procedures are in place and conducted for each new member of staff by senior management.
6. To ensure that managers fulfil their obligations to staff by making sure that staff appraisals are carried out in accordance with procedure.
7. To ensure that the organisation meets its legal obligations in relation to the implementation of best health & safety practice.
8. Dealing with complaints and discipline procedures
9. Working with other managers, improving employees' experiences of the workplace
10. Helping staff get training and development
11. Arranging employee services such as welfare and counselling
12. Promoting equality, and health and safety
13. Advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law
14. Developing HR policies and procedures
15. Recording and analysing confidential information
16. Writing employee handbooks
17. Dealing with other HR duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
a. Education to degree level or equivalent: Essential
b. CIPD qualified: Desired
a. At least 2 years’ experience of working in HR position: Essential
b. At least 2 years’ experience of maintaining office administration and record keeping systems: Essential
c. Experience of planning and organising own workload: Essential
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
a. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills: Essential b. IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Essential c. Knowledge of office systems and practice: Essential d. Knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations desirable: Essential
a. To maintain confidentiality: Essential b. To work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change: Essential
Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity: Essential
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter by email detailing how you meet the requirements for the post.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.