Position: Fundraising Officers
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Status: Full-time & Part-time
Salary: £24k-£30k dependent on location & experience
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihood and environment conservation.
We are currently seeking Fundraising Officers in Birmingham, London, Manchester and other locations across the country to deliver effective fundraising-led activities. There are part-time and full-time roles available.
The postholder will be responsible for co-ordinating and developing Islamic Help’s fundraising programmes. Duties include, but are not limited to, engaging volunteers and managing all aspects of volunteer activities including recruitment, training and supporting volunteers.
The Fundraising Officer will also be responsible for planning and co-ordinating all fundraising events and initiatives for volunteers, in line with Islamic Help’s fundraising strategy.
· In consultation with the Fundraising Manager, assist with the development of Islamic Help’s fundraising plan.
· In consultation with the Fundraising Manager, identify individual programmes and priorities for funding, and organise fundraising campaigns.
· Keep track of donor funding trends and priorities and communicate this to the Fundraising Manager to ensure Islamic Help programmes are in line with objectives.
· To plan and coordinate fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives such as tours, treks, road-shows, fundraising lectures, dinners etc.
· To recruit volunteers to assist with fundraising activities and events.
· To produce support materials to promote our fundraising activity such as merchandise, promotional materials, banners etc.
· To identify funding opportunities, locally, nationally and internationally and contribute to the development of Islamic Help’s fundraising strategy.
· To administer fundraising income by keeping reports and tracking donations as well as donor correspondence and to evaluate the success of Islamic Help’s fundraising activity.
· To identify partnership opportunities, locally, nationally and internationally, for joint fundraising campaigns, with a view to build and broaden Islamic Help’s capacity e.g. skills, expertise, donor base etc.
· To develop fundraising strategies in consultation with the Fundraising Manager to target the corporate sector.
· Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate a creative and pro-active approach towards fundraising activities as well as a positive attitude and flexibility in performing a range of duties as and when required.
· You must be a self-starter, happy to manage your workload and drive forward this work without constant supervision.
· Experience in the charitable or/and humanitarian sector and related fundraising activities is highly desirable but the main attributes we are looking for are enthusiasm, determination and the ability to enhance the charity’s profile and meet targets as laid down by managers.
· You must be literate, and knowledge and experience of using IT is beneficial.
· Most importantly, you must be able to communicate and develop relationships with members of the public and organisations.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements for
the post, by email or post.
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Islamic Help, 19-21 Ombersley Road, Birmingham, B12 8UR
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have proof that you have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.