Fundraisers- Door to Door
Salary:£ Minimum Wage Rate
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihood and environment conservation.
This Ramadan we are looking for passionate, energetic people to join our team of HOME Fundraisers, Applicants must come with confidence to raise awareness and inspire people to support our life changing projects across the world.
You’ll be working within residential areas in Birmingham, in teams of up to 5 fundraisers, knocking on people’s doors and inspiring them to donate to our projects.
All new starters will receive a full 4 days of training which includes full training on Islamic Help projects, in depth door to door fundraising, objection handling and a thorough introduction to Fundraising code of ethics.
The role: We are recruiting home fundraisers to reach out to the local community to raise awareness of our projects and to raise funds for these projects. Duties include, but are not limited to, engaging with the general public at their doors.
– Engaging with the general public at their doors
– Researching required information, using available resources, about Islamic Help’s projects
– Managing and resolving donor complaints
– Providing donors with information about Islamic Help’s projects
– Identifying and escalating priority issues or concerns from donors
– Completing the allocated houses
– Identifying and overcome objections.
Candidates will be required to show:
– good interpersonal skills
– good verbal communication skills
– customer focus
– ability to handle pressure, stress tolerance and resilience
– ability to carry out multiple tasks
– problem analysis and problem solving
– organisational skills
– attention to detail
– adaptability (working as an individual and as part of a team)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter by email or post detailing how you meet the requirements for the post.
email: [email protected]