Position: Call centre staff (temporary, during Ramadan)
Closing Date: 8th March 2020
Duration: 06/04/2020 to last day of Ramadan 2020
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihood and environment conservation.
We are currently seeking TEN call centre staff who will be based at our Birmingham office and responsible for outbound calls to donors to raise awareness about, and fundraise for, our worldwide projects.
We are recruiting customer service advisors to contact our existing donors to raise awareness of our projects and to raise funds for these projects. Duties include, but are not limited to, making outbound calls, answering incoming calls and handling callers’ inquiries whenever possible.
– Making outbound calls and responding to emails
– Handling donor inquiries by phone and email
– Researching required information, using available resources, about Islamic Help’s projects
– Managing and resolving donor complaints
– Providing donors with information about Islamic Help’s projects
– Entering new donor information on to IT systems if required
– Updating existing donor information where required
– Identifying and escalating priority issues or concerns from donors
– Following up donor calls where necessary
– Documenting all call information according to standard operating procedures
– Completing call logs
– Producing call reports
– Identifying and overcome objections.
Candidates will be required to show:
– good telephone skills
– good verbal communication skills
– familiarity with Microsoft Office
– customer focus
– ability to handle pressure, stress tolerance and resilience
– ability to carry out multiple tasks
– problem analysis and problem solving
– organisational skills
– attention to detail
– adaptability (working as an individual and as part of a team).
Please note: Candidates must be computer literate – a basic test on this will be conducted during interview.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.
We regret that we cannot accept applications by any other method.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all
applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.