Shakeel's Snowdon climb for orphans Welcome to my online donation page for the Snowdon Challenge taking place on 13th August 2016.
Thank you for taking the time to show an interest in this project.
To raise funds, I will be taking the challenge of climbing mount Snowdon on Saturday 13th August 2016, via the Pyg and Miners' track, which is approximately 5.5km in length and 800m in ascent with some truly picturesque views.
The cost of building one Eco-house is £65,000 and it will accommodate 10 orphan children and a carer. The Haven project have raised over half the amount needed to go towards the Eco-home so far الحمد لله (Praise be to God).
The Eco Village ultimately aims to:
- Facilitate the children's growth in an empathic family setting that they need
- Provide a secure base for their physical, psychological and emotional growth
- Ensure their attendance at elementary school and support them to excel to higher standards
- Help the children acquire economic survival skills necessary for a productive life as an adult
- Provide holistic community-based care that supports them into becoming socially integrated adults in society.
The village will include:
Please donate whatever amount is within your means as this project allows you to receiveperpetual reward (Sadaqatul Jaariyah).May Allah reward you abundantly for every penny you spend in his way. Thank you for showing your support for this project.
- 16 homes for 160 vulnerable children
- Accommodation for their professional carers
- General manager's family quarters
- Administrative block
- 2 staff family quarters
- Sports ground
- Children's play area
- Eco mosque
- Community centre