Firstly thank you for visiting my page.
I am looking to help raise money for a project called 'MISSION POSSIBLE' in Tanzania, God willing, Islamic Help will have a deployment team, traveling to Africa, therefore with your generosity, I am hoping to reach my target goal of £500 and raise enough money to help those in Tanzania. This fund-raising will enable the deployment team to effectively provide first-hand aid to those in need in Tanzania.
What I will be doing to raise money for this cause is a 'ZIP WIRE CHALLENGE' on Wednesday 26th August 2015. It is the longest and fastest zip line in Europe.
'MISSION POSSIBLE' is an incredible programme, undertaking a number of tasks including providing education in local schools and orphanages to malaria prevention and livelihood projects. Last year Islamic Help built toilets in a school for the kids and also the village, as they had no access to toilets, instead used holes in the ground which led to diseases. They also built two 5000 litre tanks for water as everyone in the village would have to travel 3 miles to get dirty water to drink. This programme aims to make long term changes to the lives of people in Tanzania, using methods such as education as-well as immediate relief in the form of food and water and many other projects in order to bring a better way of living for these brothers and sisters.
Whether you're donating as an individual or on behalf of a company, your spare £'s (the more the better please) will be going to help a whole village in Tanzania with medical, housing and schooling opportunities.
Once I have achieved my target, The money will got to Islamic Help who will then go to Tanzania in October 2015 to work on these projects first hand which include:-
1. Supporting Orphanages. Islamic Help will try to ensure that volunteers get to organise a fun day with the orphans, either at the orphanage or at a local attraction like a zoo. In addition equipment and resources are also provided by the volunteers to the orphanages.
2. Malaria Prevention Malaria remains a big killer in the developing world. As part of Mission Possible they carry out a Malaria prevention awareness campaign which includes leaflet distribution and workshops. In addition they also distribute mosquito nets.
3. Livelihood Projects Income generation is a real challenge for many in the developing world. In supporting people out of poverty they provide opportunities for setting up small businesses. As a Mission Possible will give the opportunity of assisting in this and in identifying viable opportunities and helping to establish the actual enterprises.
4. Community Awareness Projects they have a number of initiatives that seek to increase awareness of certain issues and to assist in tackling those issues.
5. Water Solutions Water scarcity is a real problem and over 1 billion people still lack access to clean water and 2.5 billion lack adequate sanitation. They will build water pumps, wells and other solutions to water scarcity including rain water harvesting systems.
6. Environmentally Sustainable Projects Sustainability is vital to any solutions that Islamic Help provide to poverty, disadvantage and hunger. They seek to ensure that the solution they provide has long term benefits and is sustainable and eco-friendly.
7. Supporting Schools. Islamic Help will be providing support to schools and assist with teaching including distributing equipment to the schools.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you and ask that if and where possible you would be willing to spread this message amongst your family and friends.