Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I have recently become involved in the Mission Possible project in East Africa which is promoted by Islamic Help for their next deployment in October 2015. This means I have less than two months to raise a staggering £5000 for the amazing project. I will be participating in a number of fundraising events (some are completely out of my comfort zone!) including a sponsored walk, the 2500 Rep Challenge, Body Blitzing classes and will be looking for sponsorship and donations. Everyone is welcome to join in with the events and help fundraise - Let's make it a team effort!
Whether you're donating as an individual or on behalf of a company, your spare £'s (the more the better please) will be going to help a whole village in East Africa with medical, housing and schooling opportunities.
Once I have achieved my target, I will have the opportunity to go to Tanzania in October 2015 to work on these projects first hand which include:-
1. Supporting Orphanages. As a volunteer, I will visit and support the orphanages and orphan projects and get the opportunity to meet with orphans that are sponsored under our Worldwide Orphan Sponsorship Scheme. IH also try to ensure that volunteers get to organise a fun day with the orphans, either at the orphanage or at a local attraction like a zoo. In addition equipment and resources are also provided by the volunteers to the orphanages.
2. Malaria Prevention Malaria remains a big killer in the developing world. As part of Mission Possible we carry out a Malaria prevention awareness campaign which includes leaflet distribution and workshops. In addition we also distribute mosquito nets.
3. Livelihood Projects Income generation is a real challenge for many in the developing world. In supporting people out of poverty we provide opportunities for setting up small businesses. As a Mission Possible volunteer, I will have the opportunity of assisting in this and in identifying viable opportunities and helping to establish the actual enterprises.
4. Community Awareness Projects We have a number of initiatives that seek to increase awareness of certain issues and to assist in tackling those issues. As a Mission Possible volunteer, I will assist in the delivery of some of the awareness seminars and programmes that are run.
5. Water Solutions Water scarcity is a real problem and over 1 billion people still lack access to clean water and 2.5 billion lack adequate sanitation. We build water pumps, wells and other solutions to water scarcity including rain water harvesting systems. As a Mission Possible volunteer, I will have the opportunity of being involved in these projects.
6. Environmentally Sustainable Projects Sustainability is vital to any solutions that we provide to poverty, disadvantage and hunger. We seek to ensure that the solution we provide has long term benefits and is sustainable and eco-friendly. As a volunteer, I will be involved in the discussions on this and in the projects that we run.
7. Health Programmes In addition to Malaria prevention initiatives we also have others initiatives that assist in the improvement of health and hygiene so as to minimise the exposure to disease. I will be assisting in the delivery of such programmes of awareness.
8. Supporting Schools. I will be providing support to schools and assist with teaching including distributing equipment to the schools we work in.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.