TAFSIR of SURAH AD-DUHA
Tafsir literally means interpretation and refers to the Islamic science through which one gains an understanding of the Holy Qur’an and comprehension of its commandments and its wisdom.
Surah Ad-Duha – Chapter 93 of the Qur’an – was revealed in Makkah and forms part of the early revelation sent to the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihi wassalam). It consists of 11 verses which speak directly to the Prophet (saw) about various themes related to his life.
Muslims can take many lessons from the life of the Prophet (saw) that are applicable to their own lives. The themes mentioned in Surah Ad-Duha provide the key discussion points in this course.
A brief outline of the topics covered in this course:
- Dealing with distress and setbacks in life, and maintaining physical and mental wellbeing
- Understanding trials and tribulations, why we are tested, the wisdom behind the trials, and the means to develop Sabr (patience/steadfastness)
- Balancing one’s life goals and being mindful of the Hereafter
- Appreciating the favours of Allah (swt) and having contentment with our provision (rizq)
- Dealing fairly with mankind as a means of showing gratitude to Allah (swt).
The learning outcomes and benefits of studying this course:
- Studying the Seerah allows us to learn about the Prophet (saw) and to love him and therefore increase our imaan (faith)
- We gain a deep insight into the life of the Prophet (saw) and learn practical tips to balance the highs and lows of life and maintain our physical and mental wellbeing
- By studying this course we learn about the sacrifice and dedication required to worship Allah (swt) and how to seek His pleasure, which should be our ultimate goal in life
- We learn practical tips on how to maintain a balanced life as a Muslim
PLEASE NOTE: Topics covered by this seminar include mental health issues and how to deal with grieving and loss. These subjects may not be suitable for children, so we do advise that you use your discretion if you intend to attend with children.
We also have a policy that we ask parents to keep their children under control so they do not cause disruption to the other guests. We reserve the right to ask parents with disruptive children to temporarily leave the seminar and return once they are under control. The organisers also reserve the right to refuse entry or evict any group or individual at any time.
To complete your ticket registration we require your mobile phone number to send you updates and reminders regarding this event. We will not share your details with any third parties. We may use your details to contact you regarding future upcoming events organised by us which are of a similar nature to this event.
During the course we will also have a fundraising segment to support Islamic Help’s humanitarian aid projects.
Any queries, please contact the main organiser Syed Eesa on 07946145339 or e-mail: [email protected]