Location: London - East
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
Hours: Full Time
Islamic help is a UK based NGO providing disaster relief and assistance to the poor and needy globally. We are looking for Charity Shop Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated individual who has a background in retail services. You will have a varied role - including anything from supporting our existing and researching new opportunities within the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key holder.
- Provide a high quality retail service.
- Shop merchandising and presentation.
- To line manage and direct the shop staff.
- To liaise on Health & Safety policy and take responsibility for implementation in the shop premises and back room.
- Maintenance of petty cash.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues and trustees.
- Banking and book keeping in liaison with finance team.
- Identify partnership opportunities, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Provide appropriate guidance and support to all volunteers and trustees.
- To deal with any customer complaints.
- To develop systems and working practices for the running of the shop.
- To attend training and other support meetings as necessary.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post.
Your Must Have
- Education to degree level or equivalent qualification (desirable).
- Experience desirable in retail services sector.
- Experience of managing a team and a background in retail.
- A demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Competence in the use of internet; Excel, Word.
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employees´ best interests.
or call 0121 446 5682.