Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
Hours: Full Time
Responsible to Fundraising Manager
Based within Fundraising, Communications and Marketing, the person appointed will be responsible for delivering a wide range of digital, social media and online content and for assisting the Communications Manager with the creation and development of online content, including social/digital media content. The post holder will assist in the development and delivery of digital communications and marketing activities for Islamic Help and will work collaboratively with colleagues across in International Development and Fundraising departments.
Key responsibilities include:
- To generate and drive traffic to the Islamic Help’s external web presence through referrals and links, particularly in relation to promoting blogs, videos and other online content to Islamic Help’s different stakeholder groups.
- Inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
- To create and write content for websites, using Islamic Help’s CMS (web content management system) to create and edit web pages as required.
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events.
- Increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charities aims and activities.
- Online content administration and authoring.
- Writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Administering, monitoring and authoring social media channels/network content.
- Quality assurance (proofing and checking) of selected online content.
- Day to day liaison with Communications team, the Communications Office and also wider Islamic Help colleagues.
- Assistance in periodic redesigns of website and other online spaces.
- Create and manage online initiatives including viral campaigns, online advertising, online/offline strategies.
Your Must Have
- Education to degree level or equivalent qualification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.*
- Blogging skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge and understanding of search engine optimisation.
- Excellent copywriting skills with specific experience in editing web content.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently as required.
- Experience of analysing digital marketing activity and a successful track record in applying findings to influence progress and achieve results.
- Experience of using Google analytics, PPC (pay-per-click), SEO (search engine optimisation) and social media monitoring tools.
- Experience of developing e-newsletters, e-shots and other materials.
- Experience of uploading video, photography and other material to a range of online channels for promotional purposes.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Digital Marketing
- Web Analytics - including implementation and interrogation
- Search Engine Optimisation - including on-site and off-site
- Pay Per Click - including Google Adwords, Bing and Yahoo
- Mobile - including iOS, Android and mobile web
- Email - including client variation, user interaction and delivery
- Social Media - including mainstream and niche networks
The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employees´ best interests.
or call 0121 446 5682.