To go through childhood without the protection and care of a parent or guardian is one of the most unimaginably difficult things. Orphan children are often left with no option but to fend for themselves or be dependent on the generosity of sponsors near and far. Many, however, are left vulnerable to exploitation.
Islamic Help’s Orphan Sponsorship Scheme supports the most vulnerable of orphans – those with little support, caught in the throes of conflict and instability. We support orphans living in orphanages and those that live with family members or siblings.
We support over 3000 orphans in
Sudan Iraq Palestine Pakistan Tanzania Kashmir Bangladesh Jordan
Our Orphan Sponsorship Scheme provides a comprehensive package of support to meet the needs of each individual child sponsored, including:
- Shelter – whether living with relatives, friends or in an orphanage we ensure that the orphan sponsored has a roof over their head and the security and protection that they deserve
- Food – we ensure that the child’s nutritional needs are met.
- Education – we ensure that the child has access to education, attends school or classes so as to enable them to read, write and access opportunities for future prosperity.
- Healthcare – we ensure that the sponsored child has access to healthcare and medication according to their needs.
- Welfare – we ensure that the environment in which the sponsored child lives is protective and nurturing and are in regular contact with their careers or guardians. Any issues affecting their general wellbeing are identified and dealt with. At all times we seek to ensure that their dignity and self-worth are honoured.
Our Orphan Sponsorship Scheme is a life changing opportunity for vulnerable orphans. For just £1 a day you can change a child’s life forever.
Hammad is 7 years old; he was sleeping soundly in the family home with his father when the Pakistan Earthquake of 2005 struck. Their mud house collapsed killing his father. His mother was searching the rubble desperately the following day and heard Hammad’s cries. Sadly he was hurriedly pulled out of the rubble and in the process his backbone was broken. Hammad is well now but will never walk. His mother was left with the task of raising him and his three other siblings. Islamic Help supports Hammad and his siblings – they have all been attending school and their mother is able to provide for the basic needs of the family.
Sadly, Hammad’s mobility issues are making it increasingly difficult for him to attend school. We provided him with a wheelchair but the terrain where Hammad lives is too hilly for it to be of use. Until recently Hammad’s older brother would carry him to school. Now that Hammad is bigger his brother struggles to carry him to school and Hammad is unable to go to school regularly. We are seeking alternatives for Hammad including tuition at home.
I have no words to thank Islamic Help and our sponsor for this extraordinary support; now I no longer have to ask my relatives for hand outs to feed and educate my children. Ashrafa, Hammad’s mother.
Islamic Help’s Orphan Hifz Programme gives the sponsored orphan the package of support that all of our orphans get but additionally provides them the opportunity to make hifz of the Qur’an.
Memorisation of the Qur’an is a long established and much revered tradition - as old as the Qur’anic revelation itself. This time honoured practice remains an aspiration for millions but accessible only to a select few – make it accessible to an orphan child today.
We estimate that it takes 3 years to make hifz of the Qur’an – our scheme, therefore, invites you to make a commitment of sponsoring the orphan for 3 years.
Please click an option below
If you have any queries please call 0121 446 5682 to discuss.